Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Moon Is Our Anthem

There times that I lay in my bed dreaming and all of a sudden this alarm starts going off in my dream. I am to the point where the process of the alarm is a part of the composition of my brain and I wake up next to my alarm clock about to turn it off. Today followed that routine. I spent my morning on the computer before getting ready for school. I didn't have a morning class today and my mom drove me to school which was really nice because when I don't have morning classes I have to take the bus. My mom and I spent the ride to school debating certain issues and events. I kind of think my mom is ignorant when it comes to these things. She makes sure to put her politics right in the center and many times gives me bullshit responses. We were debating the president of Iran's visit. I don't view it as a bad thing at all and don't see what would be so bad about him going to ground zero. Iran had nothing to do with the attacks and he's a head of state which means he wouldn't blow himself up or carry a terrorist act himself. I find it ironic that our government is so hostile towards Iran. 1) We always talk about democracy in Iraq and what not, yet we denounce Iran which is the only middle eastern democracy (besides Israel). The people of Iran chose him as their leader. The United States should change its goal of "Spreading And Supporting Democracy" to "Spreading And Supporting Democracy (as long as the country is our bitch)". 2) How can you tell a country that they can't have nuclear weapons when you hold the biggest stock of nuclear weapons in the world? I'm not justifying Iran's desire for nuclear weapons, I believe no one should have nuclear weapons. We should disarm ours to set an example. Of course they're going to get nukes when we have them and they feel threatened.

My day at school was short because of a mini-day schedule which was really nice. Algebra II is always the same bullshit. I don't understand the necessity of the class. I'm sure I won't have a career in math and I'm never going to want to figure out functions while grocery shopping. The memoir I did was due today in creative writing. We had to get in groups of four so that our classmates can review of piece of writings and write feedback. Initially I was a little bothered by this and I hoped I wouldn't be stuck in a group of douches. The group I was assigned luckily contained no douche bags. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with one of the average wilson kids reading it because I know they wouldn't "get it" and I didn't want to have to put up with their bullshit. I got mostly positive feedback but my friend Stan told me to cut down the middle which I'll try doing. In history class we had to do a group poster project and present it. My group was assigned "the market revolution" which was the beginning of the abuse on the workers in this country. I had a lot of control over the project and made sure that my views were made through out the poster and presentation. When it was time to present one group did a poster on "The Mexican American War" and talked about how it was good that we took all the terrority we did because it created unity. I immediatly rose my hand and attested that as bullshit. The war was an act of Imperialism on the part of The United States. Our government robbed the rich land from Mexico and kicked off all the Mexicans from their land. If you look at why Mexico is so bad you can trace some of the roots to this. The abuse of the latinos took place there and still takes place today and thats a fucking tragedy. The companies of the First World come into Latin American countries and rob the people of their resources, make them work on their knees, take away their land, destroy their way of life, and corrupt their governments. Then when the people try to escape and make a better life we close the doors. The United States controls their destiny and our goverment has chosen them to remain in chains of oppression. And when a leader of the people such as Hugo Chavez rises up in defense of the people of Latin America, our government does not allow it. But I see a beautiful thing coming up. I believe with Hugo Chavez, Latin America will finally rise up against its oppressor The United States and other First World countries. You see the theory found in The Communist Manifesto of the lower class overthrowing the corperations and the rich has evolved from a regional level to a global level. The small countries of the world will rise up against the big ones and overthrow them. This world revolution is inevitable and so great.

I took my usual journey on the bus home. Once at home, I noticed that my brother smelled like weed and I asked how much he had. Soon enough we were in the backyard smoking. I managed to get pretty high and made my way inside to listen to music which is always very interesting while high. Around 3:30 Kyle called me and we decided on hanging out. Hanging out with Kyle is always really cool, we can make any situation fun and entertaining. We did this thing at the lakewood mall called "People Watching" which basically is just observing the ridiculousness of the majority of people and making comments about it and at times saying stuff to the people. I came back home around 7:30 and did homework. I guess my mom went to disneyland with another family after dropping me off at school. She came home around 9:30 with In-N-Out for my brother and me. My day has progressed into an ending. I recommend listening to the song "Blaise Bailey Finnegan III" by Godspeed You! Black Emperor. They use this sound clip in it that pairs so beautifully with the music. The clip brings up great points and the music can be felt just as strongly. I saw a cute girl today, she won't read this. I'm pretty much looking forward to tomorrow which is friday and always seems like fun. I'm considering buying a dub which looks is always fun as well. I spend times wondering if I am really awake. There are times when I question if life is a processed fixation of my imagination. Everything moves so quickly but at the same time slow. Traffic, the city, our own lives can all be lost in the sun and there'd never be any way to know where we stand. Do you really exist? Do I really exist? Is existence only a subsitute for an object in a dream? Is there a realm where our uncounscious thouths realm and wonder on their own? I really like my dog and the gestures he makes; I'm sure he knows all the answers.

No comments: