Sunday, September 30, 2007

Too Busy To Come Down From The Sky

Saturday was one of the coolest moments of my life. I woke up around 10 which was really nice. I proceeded to do chores and my mom came home from the salon. Chores on Saturday are a normal thing to me. I don't mind doing them or complain because I like keeping a nice clean house. Its a good habit to keep for later in life. While I was doing chores I was on the on the computer talking to Kyle about things to do for the day. He came up with the idea to take the metro to Hollywood, an adventure was exactly what I needed. Soon enough I was done with chores, got ready, and got picked up by Kyle. We went to his house to meet up with his girlfriend Melinda. The three of us went to the Del Amo metro station. I guess our train got there so Kyle got into it and as I was going in the door close and the train blew off. Kyle was stuck on train by himself and I had no idea what the fuck just happened. Melinda and I got a hold of him on the phone and established a plan to just wait for him to come back to the station. When the three of us finally got on the train together I was pretty excited to go to Hollywood. We had to off in a stop in Compton and ride a bus to the next one because of ongoing construction. Once we got back on the train route this homeless guy was going around the train and made his move to the front of the cart. With his lispy voice he asked the passengers if he can make a loan for $22,000.71 and he'd pay it back on Saturday. He continued talking and apologized to some passengers he stepped on and said that he couldn't see and while saying this he starts moving his hand to his eyes and takes out a glass eyeball. Only in LA. Just the ride to Hollywood was fun and provided us with time for good conversations.

We got off on Hollywood Blvd. and started walking to the record store so that Kyle can look for some records. On the walk I had to take a piss and asked a restaurants if I can use theirs, they gave me a key and said it was in the up stair section of the small commercial center. I looked for it but didn't find it so I just took my water bottle in the corner and took a piss in front of a dance studio. Our walk set back into game after this and when we got there we all browsed through some cool records. Kyle bought a Chromatics EP and Love In the Fascist Brothel by The Plot To Blow Up The Eiffel Tower. Hunger was present in our bodies so we walked to find an In-N-Out which was a failed mission. I'm glad we walked though, it provided us with the feel for adventure and thats great. We went back to Hollywood Blvd. and passed some interesting stores until we made it to a Pizzeria. The pizza was delicious and filling.

Soon enough we made our way back to the metro towards Long Beach. The whole trip was such a wonderful experience. Despite the good times strolling through the cities just strengthened my view on the unbalanced division of wealth. Once back in Long Beach Melinda had to go home because of her curfew even though shes 18. Kyle heard of a "party" that was going on at his friend's house. We rolled there just to find a small circle of people. It was bumping at all. We left after a while and dropped our friend. At Kyle's house the two of us rolled a blunt and went out to smoke it. Uplifting sensations went through my head. I spent the night at Kyle's, where I am right now. Looking back, Saturday was the perfect day. I'll post pictures when I get them.

No comments: